The majority of watch bands that need to be adjusted or resized have a steel watch band. The links are connected with pushpins. Therefore it is necessary to remove these pushpins to shorten the steel watch strap. In this article I will be showing you how to steel watch strap and where to purchase the needee sizing tool.
How to Adjust a Watch Band
1. Put the watch on without adjusting it.
- You will need to note how big the watch is.
- If the watch is very loose, you will have to remove lots of links.
- If the watch is just slightly loose and you aren’t in danger of it falling off, you might consider leaving it as is unless it is bothersome.
- If your watch is too small, you will have to buy extra links from the manufacturer to make the band larger.
2. Find the clasp
- Pinch the band evenly from the clasp until it is the proper size.
- Make sure you have an equal number of links on either side of the clasp that need to be removed.
- This will make sure the watch itself stays centered on the wrist band.
- Write down the number of links that need to be removed from either side of the clasp.
3. Get your wristband sizing tools assembled
There are several things you will need to adjust your watch band.
- You will need one or two push pins. You will use these to push the pins that hold the links together out of their holes.
- Get a pair of needle nosed pliers to help you remove the pins.
- You will need a small jewelry hammer.
- Make sure you are working on a flat surface with good lighting. You will need to collect any pins you remove from the band.
4. Get your pushpins
Use one of the pushpins to push out the pin holding the wristband link in place.
5. Remove the pin with the pliers.
You will have to pull forcefully to get the pin out.
6. Detach the clasp from the section of removed links
You will need to do this to put it back onto your wristband.
7. Attach the clasp back onto the wrist band
Line up the link on the clasp with the last link on one side of your wristband.
8. Try on the watch
It should now fit without being too big or too small.
Where to buy a watchband sizing tool
Banggood is the ideal place to purchase all of your watchband sizing tools. They have sizing tools of all shapes, functionality and they are very affordable.
If you have an average size wrist, it’s likely safe to purchase a standard length strap that isn’t described as being extra-long or extra short. If you have a large or small size wrist, you may need to select an extra-long or extra short strap. Either way, taking a few minutes to identify the proper length can save you the disappointment of purchasing the wrong size.